Canon in D Sheet Music
A fancy arrangement for early note-readers
Canon in D sheet music is a very popular piece, even with young piano students.
This arrangement takes young students farther than is possible with my other Canon in D music sheet arrangements, with easy-to-read note-heads.
Can even beginning note-readers learn to play this beautiful music in its longer, fuller form? I decided to see...
I have a little guy who plays with passion, understands chords, and loves classical music, but who relies on his ear and his quick memory to conquer his music more than I would like! He is an Artful NOTE-Dodger.
He is long past the super-easy Canon in D sheet music, but he wanted to play a version with the quickly-moving notes of the middle section, the familiar part that even non-musicians recognize.
I decided to help him, if he promised that he would use the fingering I demanded.
He promised. This is the result (the small graphics are pages 1 and 3; page 2 is large so you can see what I'm talking about with the fingering!):
This arrangement, plus two companion arrangements, is for sale -- $5.00 USD for three easy-to-read arrangements of the Pachelbel Canon, with the right to print UNLIMITED COPIES (for your students only).
I'm excited for you to see the confidence with which your young students will embark on a long and beautiful piece like this with the note names to confirm or correct what their ears may be telling them!
With a little extra help, they can be playing this song - CORRECTLY - long before they would ever meet it in their method books. I've watched it happen over and over.
When you buy this music, you will receive 3 versions (same arrangement), each 3 pages long.
- Arrangement #1 has a letter in each music notehead, plus chord symbols and some suggested fingering.
- Arrangement #2 has no chord symbols and no fingering at all, for there is a possibility that you or your students might prefer a different fingering.
- Arrangement #3, a "helper" version, is similar to #1. The chord symbols are retained, as well as the suggested fingering for the middle section, but only a few helper notes are used.
Those are placed mostly at the beginning of a musical line, the beginning of a new section, and the tricky middle section where the hand must execute tucking-under and crossing-over.
BUY ALL THREE VERSIONS OF THIS ARRANGEMENT FOR A TOTAL OF $5.00!
Below, see one page from the arrangement with NO chord symbols and no fingering, and one page from the "helper" arrangement with just a FEW lettered notes and some fingering:
Aside from the fact that these music sheets are going to give your beginner piano students the confidence to work on a hard, "real" piece of famous music, why should you buy the Pachelbel Canon from me?
- The 9-page collection is available immediately as a digital download onto your computer, for only $5.00
- You don't have to download any new software into your computer in order to acquire the PDF. I don't know about you, but I detest clogging up my computer with yet another program I didn't know I needed. You just need a version of Adobe Acrobat or another PDF reader, which all computers come with. If you DON'T have Adobe Acrobat or a similar program, then you couldn't download any of my other PDFs either.
- The notes are nice and big, making reading easy.
- I give you permission to PRINT UNLIMITED COPIES, for your students only. This is a real deal! Ordinarily, one music book, for just one student, will cost at least $5.00, and then there is tax and postage. Please do not share with anyone besides your students.
- Paypal, the payment system I use, is a secure and recognized payment system. You can pay by credit or debit card, or your bank account. E-Junkie delivers the PDF document, working as a partner with PayPal... your purchase is guaranteed. Any problems downloading? Email me through the Contact link.
Get Pachelbel Canon Now
Worried about using notes with letters? Are lettered notes are like a "gateway drug", risking the possibility that your students will never learn to read music properly?
On the contrary, in the early stages of note-reading, many tears can be avoided and the reward of playing actual music can be reached quickly!
I enjoy seeing students dive into a new piece and follow the lettered notes carefully, especially in the "helper" versions, where only a few tricky notes or measures are lettered.
I'm excited for you to see your students accept new music more willingly, too!
Irish Washerwoman sheet music for piano, with a swinging left hand part that adds energy to this happy-sounding melody!
In the Hall of the Mountain King sheet music for intermediate piano students. A 3-page arrangement with energy and FIRE at the end!
Chord inversions for piano are one of the keys that unlocks the door to the world of classical music! This sheet will help your students master this skill.
Basic piano chords in the keys of C & G, showing root position chords and all inversions from the root chord - plus a diatonic scale - all with lettered notes!
Folk sheet music Hava Nagila is a beautiful minor-sounding Hebrew song. Both piano arrangements, easy & intermediate, are charged with energy!
Songs Old & Songs New
All the first-year material I give my beginner students.
Piano keyboard sheets, scales, chords, note-reading exercises, and over 256 pages of music!
Queen Esther in the Bible
This beautiful song book for piano & voice "Esther, For Such a Time as This", available as a digital download, tells the riveting story of the time when Jews in ancient Persia faced a foe named Haman, and how a brave young queen risked her life to save her people.
A good choice for a singing story-teller, an operatic group, a short theater production, or a class of children!
This book is also available from Amazon as a paperback.
Just the Black Keys
This book is available as a digital download from this site. Visit this page to see some free examples from the book.
It is also available from Amazon as a paperback!
This is the perfect easy start for little pianists.
And when they start reading white-key notes on the staff, this is a fun easy resource to say each week, "Choose a new black-key song at home this week and figure it out to show me next lesson!" They will be spending more time at the piano.
The Adventures of Tonsta
A perfect read aloud storybook
for little boys or girls.
The Adventures of Tonsta highlight the travels of a very young boy with a good heart, who goes about helping folk in trouble.
With a red cap on his head and a sack of tools slung over his shoulder, Tonsta seems to meet people in distress wherever he goes.
Lots of trolls in this book - including one who gives him a Christmas gift!
Available at Amazon
Sign up for "Take Note!" to see what's new every month.
About the Author
Hi, I'm Dana! (Say that like "Anna".) I'm the owner of Music-for-Music-Teachers.com, and a newer site, SingTheBibleStory.com.
Like some of you, I've been playing the piano since early childhood, and have added a few other instruments along the way, plus an interest in arranging and composing music.
You can find out more about me and the reason for this website at my About Me page.