Canon in D Sheet Music
A fancy arrangement for early note-readers
Canon in D sheet music is a very popular piece, even with young piano students. This arrangement takes young students farther than is possible with my other Canon in D music sheet arrangements, with easy-to-read note-heads.
Can even beginning notereaders learn to play this beautiful music in its longer, fuller form? I decided to see...
I have a little guy who plays with passion, understands chords, and loves classical music, but who relies on his ear and his quick memory to conquer his music more than I would like! He is an Artful NOTE-Dodger. He is long past the super-easy Canon in D sheet music, but he wanted to play a version with the quickly-moving notes of the middle section, the familiar part that even non-musicians recognize. I decided to help him, if he promised that he would use the fingering I demanded. He promised. This is the result (the small graphics are pages 1 and 3; page 2 is large so you can see what I'm talking about with the fingering!):
This arrangement, plus two companion arrangements, is for sale -- $5.00 USD for three easy-to-read arrangements of the Pachelbel Canon, with the right to print UNLIMITED COPIES (for your students only).
I'm excited for you to see the confidence with which your young students will embark on a long and beautiful piece like this with the note names to confirm or correct what their ears may be telling them! With a little extra help, they can be playing this song - CORRECTLY - long before they would ever meet it in their method books. I've watched it happen over and over.
When you buy this music, you will receive 3 versions (same arrangement), each 3 pages long.
Arrangement #1 has a letter in each music notehead, plus chord symbols and some suggested fingering.
Arrangement #2 has no chord symbols and no fingering at all, for there is a possibility that you or your students might prefer a different fingering.
Arrangement #3, a "helper" version, is similar to #1. The chord symbols are retained, as well as the suggested fingering for the middle section, but only a few helper notes are used. Those are placed mostly at the beginning of a musical line, the beginning of a new section, and the tricky middle section where the hand must execute tucking-under and crossing-over.
BUY ALL THREE VERSIONS OF THIS ARRANGEMENT FOR A TOTAL OF $5.00!
Here is a page from the arrangement with no chord symbols and no fingering, and a page from the "helper" arrangement with just a few lettered notes and some fingering:
Aside from the fact that these music sheets are going to give your beginner piano students the confidence to work on a hard, "real" piece of famous music, why should you buy the Pachelbel Canon from me?
- The 9-page collection is available immediately as a digital download onto your computer, for only $5.00
- You don't have to download any new software into your computer in order to acquire the PDF. I don't know about you, but I detest clogging up my computer with yet another program I didn't know I needed. You just need a version of Adobe Acrobat or another PDF reader, which all computers come with. If you DON'T have Adobe Acrobat or a similar program, then you couldn't download any of my other PDFs either.
- The notes are nice and big, making reading easy.
- I give you permission to PRINT UNLIMITED COPIES, for your students only. This is a real deal! Ordinarily, one music book, for just one student, will cost at least $5.00, and then there is tax and postage. Please do not share with anyone besides your students.
- Paypal, the payment system I use, is a secure and recognized payment system. You can pay by credit or debit card, or your bank account. E-Junkie delivers the PDF document, working as a partner with PayPal... your purchase is guaranteed. Any problems downloading? Email me through the Contact link.
Get Pachelbel Canon Now
Worried about using notes with letters? Are lettered notes are like a "gateway drug", risking the possibility that your students will never learn to read music properly?
On the contrary, in the early stages of note-reading, many tears can be avoided and the reward of playing actual music can be reached quickly! I enjoy seeing students dive into a new piece and follow the lettered notes carefully, especially in the "helper" versions, where only a few tricky notes or measures are lettered. I'm excited for you to see your students accept new music more willingly, too!
Piano sheet music for kids "Kookaburra" is one of those famous songs a lot of us remember from childhood! Now offered as a vocal round in the key of C, this song from Australia is very fun to sing!
The Moldau, now with a secondo duet part for beginning piano. This famous piece is one of the most beautiful themes of Romantic orchestral literature.
Fur Elise sheet music in its entirety, with quarter notes for easy deciphering! These beautiful transcriptions are perfect for students who've just mastered coordination of right hand melody against l…
Beautiful Irish piano sheet music, now for late elementary as well as for intermediate students, this lovely, lilting piece in a minor key will easily win their hearts.
Fuzzy Wuzzy, now with a RIGHT HAND ONLY arrangement, is a cute piano piece that uses rests to create musical surprise.
Would you like to hear of the latest sheet music at Music for Music Teachers? Sign up for "Take Note!"