Greensleeves Piano Music for Young Students
Greensleeves piano music with flowing chords is beautiful and attainable for your very young and new students, if treated as a DUET.
As soon as they can play broken chords with each hand, give them this lovely duet to inspire them to improve their facility.
This Greensleeves / What Child is This sheet is actually the very same music that is on my Greensleeves FREE sheet music page, but here I have stacked the parts so that it is easier to see when to enter. There are 3 arrangements here, four pages each. These PDFs come as a set of 12 pages, and they are FOR SALE. The 3-arrangement set includes:
- One that uses all Alphanote lettering - music notes with letters.
- One that has a FEW helper notes.
- One that has NO alphanotes at all, but does have chord symbols, and expands the melody part and adds additional chords in the bass so that a full, rich sound is achieved. Take a look:
A page from the Alphanotes HELPER version:
A page from the all-Alphanotes arrangement:
And two pages from the fullest-sounding arrangement:
Buy Greensleeves / What Child is This Duet in Three Versions for $5.00:
One reason I wrote these duet-parts-all-on-one-page arrangements is because I have heard parents struggle with my Greensleeves free sheet music, trying to put the parts together.
Separately, they are easy. But coordinating the parts can be hard.
Because of the way I wrote the chords, with each hand having three notes, it is easier to read as 6/8 time.
However, the MELODY is easier to read as 3/4 time! I have heard people - kids and adults too! - get stuck into an almost syncopated sound on the melody, holding the half note for an extra beat (in 6/8 rhythm).
If it seems too tedious to count 6 beats, try counting 1-&-2-&-3-& instead. The melody goes "THREE (and) ONE (and two and) THREE (and) ONE(and two) AND THREE (and)" etc., with the capital letter words being the struck notes, and the words in parantheses being the non-moving beats.
The ERROR that I have heard melody players perform, on the other hand, sounds like "THREE (and) ONE (and two and three) AND ONE (and two and) THREE AND", etc., or along those lines, anyway! It's not accurate, it's not as pretty, and I would imagine that it isn't as satisfying for the players.
BUY ALL THREE ARRANGEMENTS FOR A TOTAL OF $5.00!
Aside from the fact that these Greensleeves sheets are beautiful and easy enough for a young beginner, why should you buy Greensleeves/ What Child is This Duets from me?
- The 12-page collection is available immediately as a digital download onto your computer, for only $5.00. You don't have to download any new software into your computer in order to acquire the PDF. I don't know about you, but I detest clogging up my computer with yet another program I didn't know I needed. You just need a version of Adobe Acrobat or another PDF reader, which all computers come with. If you DON'T have Adobe Acrobat or a similar program, then you couldn't download any of my other PDFs either.
- The notes are nice and big, making reading easy.
- I give you permission to make unlimited copies, for your students only. This is a real deal! Ordinarily, on other sites, one copy of sheet music, for just one student, will cost at least $5.00, and then there might be tax and postage too! Please do not share with anyone besides your students.
- PayPal, the payment system I use, is a secure and recognized payment system. You can pay by credit or debit card, or your bank account. E-Junkie delivers the PDF document, working as a partner with PayPal... your purchase is guaranteed.
- Any problems downloading? Email me through the Contact link at the bottom of this page.
Get Greensleeves/What Child is This Duets Now
This duet is a perennial favorite at my studio - with each new student, it is a new delight! Beginners love broken chords, and how they instantly sound like real music.
Kids LOVE scary Halloween music. But the TRICK is finding Halloween theme music they can play quickly. NOW these easy songs are easier than ever, with your choice of plain notes, or lettered notes. Wh…
Toccata in Dm by Bach is exciting and dramatic! Let your beginning students have the fun of playing the opening notes of this famous Bach music.
Black is the Color of My True Love's Hair sheet music for intermediate piano. A magically beautiful piece.
Free keyboard music "Brian Boru's March" in 4 arrangements, from very easy lead sheet to intermediate. Beautiful, hypnotic, & instantly likeable.
Irish Washerwoman sheet music for piano duet primo & secondo, and late elementary solo. A happy-sounding melody!
Songs Old & Songs New
All the first-year material I give my beginner students.
Piano keyboard sheets, scales, chords, note-reading exercises, and over 256 pages of music!
Queen Esther in the Bible
This beautiful song book for piano & voice "Esther, For Such a Time as This", available as a digital download, tells the riveting story of the time when Jews in ancient Persia faced a foe named Haman, and how a brave young queen risked her life to save her people.
A good choice for a singing story-teller, an operatic group, a short theater production, or a class of children!
This book is also available from Amazon as a paperback.
Just the Black Keys
This book is available as a digital download from this site. Visit this page to see some free examples from the book.
It is also available from Amazon as a paperback!
This is the perfect easy start for little pianists.
And when they start reading white-key notes on the staff, this is a fun easy resource to say each week, "Choose a new black-key song at home this week and figure it out to show me next lesson!" They will be spending more time at the piano.
The Adventures of Tonsta
A perfect read aloud storybook
for little boys or girls.
The Adventures of Tonsta highlight the travels of a very young boy with a good heart, who goes about helping folk in trouble.
With a red cap on his head and a sack of tools slung over his shoulder, Tonsta seems to meet people in distress wherever he goes.
Lots of trolls in this book - including one who gives him a Christmas gift!
Available at Amazon
Are you interested in an intermediate-level solo version of What Child is This?
Please check out the free arrangement over at my other website, SingTheBibleStory.com.
Sign up for "Take Note!" to see what's new every month.
About the Author
Hi, I'm Dana! (Say that like "Anna".) I'm the owner of Music-for-Music-Teachers.com, and a newer site, SingTheBibleStory.com.
Like some of you, I've been playing the piano since early childhood, and have added a few other instruments along the way, plus an interest in arranging and composing music.
You can find out more about me and the reason for this website at my About Me page.