Ah perdona is a charming love duet for soprano and mezzo-soprano by Mozart, from the opera "La clemenza de Tito." The mezzo-soprano part is a "trouser role;" that is, the woman singing the role is supposed to be a man.
Download the 7-page piano/vocal score here for only $2.75 for 3 copies, in your choice of 5 keys (the original is in A), or download just the free vocal parts (go to Beginning Voice to find Ah perdona vocal parts only). Here is what the score looks like (this is the standard score), just 4 of the 7 pages:
Buy Ah perdona key of A, 3 copies:
Buy Ah perdona key of Ab, 3 copies:
Buy Ah perdona key of G, 3 copies:
Buy Ah perdona key of F, 3 copies:
Ah perdona key of Eb, 3 copies:
So why should you buy "Ah perdona al primo affetto" from me, aside from the fact that music stores charge more for just one copy (not counting postage or sales tax!), while I am only charging $2.75 for the right to print three copies?
* It is available immediately as a digital download onto your computer.
* You don't have to download any new software into your computer in order to download this PDF. I don't know about you, but I hate clogging up my computer with yet another program I didn't know I needed. You just need a version of Adobe Acrobat or another PDF reader, which all computers come with. If you DON'T have Adobe Acrobat or a similar program, then you couldn't download any of my other PDFs either.
* The notes and lyrics are a little bigger than the copies currently available in music stores, making reading easier!
* Speaking of reading the music, you can print this music on any kind of paper you want, and thus avoid the glare of shiny pages (so irritating for accompanists!).
*Write and make notes all over these copies, in red and other colors, without feeling you are spoiling your music for posterity. I dislike messing up my music books, but learning the piece is always the first priority. These printouts will make great working copies.
* Do you need a letter of permission in order to use this music at a competition? Write me through the Contact Me form, and I will email you a personal letter.
* I give you permission to make up to three copies legally. Do I speak tongue-in-cheek? Not at all -- as music teachers, as music students, you know there are times when you need music RIGHT NOW and your only recourse is to make a copy of copyrighted music...or do without. (People do what they have to do, but there are consequences... Cheating...just a little...is hard on one's character. I believe this is one of the keys of political corruption, one little compromise after another. Not only that, but music teachers teach by example. What are your students learning from you about the value of the work of composers, arrangers, and publishers? Of the value of musicians in general?)
*Paypal, the payment system I use, is a secure and recognized payment system. You can pay by credit or debit card, or your bank account. E-Junkie delivers the PDF document, working as a partner with PayPal...your purchase is guaranteed.
Tip for Printing
Once you've got the PDF file for "Ah perdona" sheet music, feed just one page at a time, unless you know you have high-quality paper which won't grab extra sheets when being pulled through the feeder.
Here is a lovely and moving performance by 2 singers in Roman garb, with a nice English translation on the screen:The duet is sung by Martine Mahé (ANNIO) and Elizbieta Szmytka (SERVILIA) with The London Philharmonic conducted by Andrew Davis at The Glyndebourne Festival Opera: